Sunday, April 28, 2013

100 Views

Congratulations to this blog! It has received 100 (now more than that) views. Yay! How exciting for me since I am new to this blogging thing. I am just hoping the site is helping people and giving them inspiration and advice (even though I still haven't gotten any comments or followers!). But it's okay because as we all know, good things take time. So this big step of 100 is very recovery relatable. Starting out is sometimes really slow and rocky. You're not sure what you're even doing and where you're even going. There is an overwhelming sense of uncertainty and confusion. But then you hit your first little 100. Maybe it was finishing your whole plate, or stopping obsessive exercise, or going out to eat with a friend. All of those things are so small in the big picture of recovery yet are so so so important to getting through each day. My first 100? Well, I'd say it was probably completing all my meals when I was at partial hospitalization for a week. I had gotten through challenge snack and manage to finish all of my points (their method of nutrition planning) which was not easy. I look back now and I'm like, that took me a long time to accomplish and kind of cross off the list but it was a really big step for me and took me really positively forward. Another 100 for me was when I got off my meal plan after discharge and was able to eat whatever I wanted (within moderation of course!). So what was your first 100? It could be small, it could be big. But whatever it was or hey, maybe you're still waiting for your first 100, it will be so important and you will never forget it. Recovery is about celebrating over the little things, it's about rewarding yourself for all your hard work! Be mindful of how far you've come today, think about that feeling of accomplishment when you hit that first 100. And remember that there will be many more 100's to come all worthwhile and taking you one step closer to recovery. Enjoy the day! The weather is simply beautiful.

Love,
Sophie Ana

No comments:

Post a Comment