Saturday, June 29, 2013

EDA

Today I went to an EDA meeting. I used to go weekly, I was one of the usual's, my attendance expected from the other group members. I became very busy fall last year and felt I was doing okay enough to stop going. At first I was iffy about this decision but I saw that I was getting by fine without the meetings so I trucked on forward. Now, seeing that the habits and compulsions are quickly slipping back I figured attending one would be a great place to start. I have to admit I was nervous to go back, even though I texted one of the leaders earlier in the week to check that the meetings were still happening. I was pleased to get there just on time so I didn't have to get caught up in small talk while other members were arriving. I found myself much more relaxed when we got to the group room and began with the serenity prayer. Although I did not say a single word the whole meeting, it was nice just to hear the stories, struggles, and strengths of those around me. I felt safe, and nothing in the outside world mattered during that time. After the meeting I caught up with an old friend and filled her in on what's been going on with me. It honestly just felt really good to be there because it also gave me that sense that I was trying my best to do something to take charge until I my appointments. Speaking of appointments, day 1 of food journal. Let's just say it was really tough for me to do. When I do things like that, I feel so conscious of what I'm eating. Like I don't want the dietitian to think I eat fine or even a little too unhealthy. Ughhh I feel stupid writing that cause deep down I know she's probably going to say the opposite. Well, I just have to keep moving forward. That's all we can ever do, right?


Love,
Sophie Ana


No comments:

Post a Comment